During the current COVID-19 Corona Virus pandemic, I will be offering some face to face therapy sessions. However, this will be assessed on an individual basis.
Changes made in the office environment:
- We will maintain safe distancing at all times (2 metres.) Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy room has been arranged to reflect this.
- Toilet facilities will be regularly cleaned and soap/handwash will be provided.
- Areas that are commonly touched e.g. door handles, chairs, tables are thoroughly sanitised after each use.
- The therapy room will be thoroughly cleaned and ventilated via open windows between each client.
- Hand sanitiser (at least 60% alcohol) is available on arrival, in the waiting room and in the therapy room.
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimise and ideally avoid time spent in the waiting room.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please wear a face covering on entering and exiting and in communal areas of the building. You are welcome to keep your face covering on during your therapy session should you wish. If you require provision of a face mask, please inform me on arrival.
- I am happy to wear a face covering throughout your session, should you want me to.
- Physical contact is not permitted. E.g. No hand shaking.
- If you are the parent/carer of a minor who is attending a session, I ask that you abide by the above. Only 1 parent/carer will be permitted to be present during the duration of the therapy session.
How we will minimize exposure to Covid-19:
To obtain services in person, we agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone safer. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it will result in us starting / returning to an online therapy arrangement. We will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom-free.
- You will not attend a session if you have a high temperature, continuous cough or loss or change to sense of smell/taste (see NHS website for guidance on Covid -19 symptoms.)
- You will wait in your car or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before our appointment time.
- You will wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser when you enter the building.
- We will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the waiting room and therapy room.
- You will wear a mask when in any communal areas of the building.
- We will keep a distance of 2 metres and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands).
- We will take steps between appointments to minimize our exposure to COVID.
- If we are exposed to other people who are infected, we will inform each other as soon as practically possible.
- If a resident of your home on mine tests positive for Covid-19, we will inform each other as soon as practically possible
I may change the above precautions if local, or government guidelines change. If that happens, I will talk to you about any necessary changes.
Confidentiality in the Case of Infection
If you have tested positive for the coronavirus, I may be required to notify local health authorities that you have been in the office. If I have to report this, I will only provide the minimum information necessary for their data collection and will not go into any details about the reason(s) for our visits. In attending face to face sessions, you are agreeing that I may do so without an additional signed release.
What I will do if I or anyone in the setting where I practice is symptomatic?
I will contact you without delay via telephone or E-mail. If you have recently changed your e-mail or telephone number, please notify me of any changes.
I will inform you as soon as reasonably possible when the practice re-opens or I recommence work.
What you should do if you are symptomatic?
If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, however mild, such as a new persistent cough or fever or loss or change to sense of smell or taste, you should not attend your upcoming appointment.
Please contact me via E-mail, text or leave a voicemail on – 07808 792294.
In these circumstances, we can either suspend sessions until you are ready to resume, or sessions can continue online.
If you show up for an appointment and I believe that you have a fever or other Covid -19 symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, I will request that you leave the office immediately. This is in the interests of keeping you, myself and the people around us safe from the spread of Covid -19.
Understanding the risks of Opting for In-Person Services:
You understand that by coming in person to the therapy office, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the coronavirus and that this risk may increase if you travel by public transport.
Alternative options for therapy sessions:
If you are required to self-isolate, I will offer to switch to on-line therapy sessions or suspend your sessions until you are ready to resume in person sessions.
I am happy to offer online or telephone therapy sessions to anyone who requests it regardless of whether you have symptoms.
Please contact me in advance if you wish to arrange an online session and I will send you a link to access this service
Please be aware this policy will be reviewed on a regular basis and may change at short notice based on government guidelines. I will continue to keep you updated on any further actions regarding this matter. If you have any questions or concerns in relation to this policy, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.